Unplanned downtime and the inability to meet planned production rates due to failures results in higher cost, increased risk, and lower profits. The application of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques will help equipment owners better understand the underlying causes of failures and use that information to prevent future occurrences. Unfortunately, many who conduct root cause analyses don't realize the full potential of an integrated RCA work process because data required to support RCA is time-consuming to collect and document; RCA efforts are typically site- or department-based with very little sharing of analysis results; and RCA recommendations are useless unless they are implemented and validated.
Meridium helps overcome these challenges with PROACT®, Meridium's Root Cause Analysis (RCA) solution, which offers a systematic approach for determining the root causes of failures and developing meaningful recommendations to eliminate or reduce the impact of those events. By documenting the sequential events, evidence, and faults that lead up to a failure, analysts can make recommendations for improving assets, processes, and people to keep the event from occurring again in the future.
Meridium's Root Cause Analysis features include:
- Event Diagramming
- Logic Tree
- Automated Analysis Creation
- PROACT® Knowledge Management Templates
- Recommendation Management
- Recommendation-Effectiveness Tracking
As part of a comprehensive APM solution, PROACT® for Meridium allows organizations to implement an enterprise-wide approach to RCA that enables:
- Automatic identification of significant incidents and "bad actors."
- Centralized access to the asset data needed to support the analyses.
- Management of and tracking of recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Sharing of analysis results between sites and departments.